Sunday 29 November 2009

Wicked The Musical

I went to see this show on Friday evening with my ma-in-law and sis-and-bro-in-law. Second only to Cirque de Soleil in Vegus, it was probably the most spectacular set that I have seen in a London theatre. Really all out in the wow factor. Fantastic lighting, costumes and set.

As a pretty new musical, you can see the tracks are going to become real stage classics. My sister in law is already singing some of them with her local choir. My favourite was the "defying gravity" track just before the interval.

We went to Chez Gerrard at Victoria for pre theatre food. Would definitely recommend this. Reasonably priced. Very easy to find. I had a lobster filled crepe. Really good. I was glad we went for pre theatre, rather than post theatre food as I was really very tired by the end of the show. Worth it though. I do find theatre good escapism. I have heard the Jersey Boys is very good so should look into tickets for that.

No comments: