Friday 6 November 2009

Learning about Stretching

I'm starting my new course tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. Anyone who has spent time with me over the past few months would have had the "I don't know whether to do this or not but I really want to" conversation. Thank you for your patience and your encouragement. My hesitations were mainly due to my health stuff. BUT I finally decided to go for it. The studio said they would have me - so tomorrow I start to learning about how to stretch people. And then I will be learning more about Pilate's.

I've been doing Pilate's and stretching for about 3 years now. I really enjoy it and I've been amazed that I have been able to continue with it throughout some pretty tough treatments. I really believe in the health benefits of it and it has helped me massively to have confidence in my body and to keep well. And this is the first time in my life (with the exception of photography and the odd cooking class) that I am going to be learning about something that I am really interested in. I've spent years just going along with things because I don't know what else to do.

It will be good for me to have a focus, and something that is my "thing." I'm up for the challenge and only hope I keep well so I can see it through. I really really want to do this. And I'm pretty darn pleased that I am going to. Funny old life hey? The elephant seems to want to stop this body working, but here I am using it more than most. Take that cancer.

4 comments:

family affairs said...

You Go Girl.....really proud of you xxx You'll love it. Make sure you blog about what you learn Lx

the bans said...

Have kept meaning to ask you when this started. Will be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing all about it. Yet to drag Nick to a class here but hoping it will happen soon! Enjoy! xx

Jo Blogz said...

Thank you!! Will be blogging xx

Anonymous said...

I was going to say words to the effect of 'You go girl' too, but it looks like I've been pipped to the post. Ah well, you can't win them all.

Stretching is a very good idea, I would be a far more broken man after breakdancing if it wasn't for the old bite your knees and grab your ankles shenanigans.

Glad you've got a project, that's a great thing. Hope you have a lot of fun.

Peas M : )