Wednesday 4 November 2009

Banishing Birthday Blues


So. I have been a little blue in the lead up to this birthday for various reasons. I was being difficult about wanting to do anything really. I am going to Jamie's recipe place on the Northcote Road to learn "How to cook the perfect steak" on Friday evening courtesy of my sister, so thought that would be my little celebration. That would be good fun, and that would be that.

But, when my lovely local friend said to me last week "can I at least cook you dinner on your birthday?" I found myself saying yes without hesitation. Life has dealt me some tough cards, but I have always been blessed with some really great friends. And I have been so amazed that, despite the presence of the elephant in my life, I have still been able to make some really special local friends too. And last night turned out to be a small but lovely gathering of some of my Sheen and Richmond buddies who I share my life with.

A really fun and relaxed evening. I felt spoilt with little gifts and cards, great food and company. I am really grateful for such a lovely evening.

I had some really nice presents for my birthday. Now, it's not that my other gifts are not going to be cherished - but special thanks to 9 year old Harry for this cake:



Jamie Oliver in the making if you ask me. Tasted fab.

1 comment:

family affairs said...

Thanks for posting a picture of his cake - I'll show him tomorrow he'll be really pleased - does look a bit of a mess though L x