Friday 13 November 2009

My Course: First Class

This morning I gathered up my course file and notebook and gently wandered around the corner to do my first class "observation." I have to do quite a lot of these so made sure I had my pen and paper so I could take lots of notes. Good to have a focus for my Friday morning.

I get there early and set myself up with my papers. The four participants arrive, most of whom I have attended classes with before and they all say well done for going for it. Time passes. No instructor. They start to stretch themselves a bit. So, I offer to do a warm up with them until the instructor arrives. There must have been an admin mix up because no instructor came... so I ended up taking the entire class following my sample class instructions from my file. Not what I was expecting this morning... and very early on to be taking a class after only one weekend of training BUT I really loved doing it. The ladies were all really nice to me and very complimentary. They got a good stretch out. I got to practice. So much for starting it off slowly. But maybe this is the best way to learn.

And maybe I can do this after all.

1 comment:

the bans said...

Way to go Jo! That is fantastic!!