Monday 30 November 2009

Headstand

I did a headstand in my yoga class this morning. When the teacher was demonstrating this I initially thought "NO WAY." I couldn't really do the hand stand position, which is meant to be easier. But, there I was at about 10.45am, inverted. Defying logic. Forearms and head supporting my entire body weight.


The theme of the day has been somewhat upside down. At my elephant appointment this afternoon I was told that the elephant is "grumbling." That is to quote the man who knows. So out with the peachy pills. Back home with some little white ones instead.


Of course there have been tears. But we had a sense things were not quite right. Defying logic I have been relatively calm. Maybe there is a whole load of emotion to come. Who knows. What I do know is I got through this process infinitely better than I normally do. I am amazed I managed to have a conversation with Dr J. Apparently I even cracked a joke and a smile. And tomorrow I will be getting on with my day.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Steadfast, brilliant.
: )