Thursday 26 November 2009

Bicester Village, nr Oxford

I have just got back from a VERY fun day out indeed. My friend took me to Bicester Village for some Christmas shopping / retail therapy. I have never been before. I always imagined this place to be like a sort of glorified TK Max with not a lot of choice and the kind of discount stuff that no one would like anyway. How wrong I was.

It is aesthetically nice to look at. And big. It has a modern village feel about it. And what a choice of shops. Basically most of the places you can think of and more. Cath Kidston, Jack Wills, The White Company, Calvin Klein, Diesel, The North Face, Mulbury, Fat Face, Seven Jeans Store, Villroy and Boch. Loads more too. The stores don't have the same current range that you would get in Westfield, but if you are just looking for nice gifts or really like a particular brand and don't mind that is it last years cut or fabric then it really is the place to go. I did well on some Christmas bits and pieces. Can't write more about that as some of the recipients will be reading this blog.

My steal of the day was a pair of Seven Jeans. Retail price £169, reduced to £75 and when I got to the till they were reduced to £45. This is where female logic kicks in. I didn't spend £45 really. I saved £125. If you take that logic all round Bicester it just makes the whole experience even better.

No comments: