Sunday 22 November 2009

Anatomy Lesson

I have spent the day learning about anatomy. This is the part of the course that I probably have the least prior knowledge of. I have "combined science" GCSE, which I can remember very little about, and that is the closest I have come to learning any sort of physiology before. So I concentrated hard.

Fortunately the teacher was very lovely and worlds apart from my biology teachers in school. Very practical ways of learning. Using model skeletons, diagrams and lots of looking at our own bodies.

I didn't find it gory at all. Some people have questioned whether I would find it disturbing learning about our insides, given the elephant in mine. I didn't. In fact, I found it rather confidence building that lots of my body still works. And it underlined how important it is for me to strengthen and stretch bits of it.

Lots to learn and I will need to spend some time with my anatomy colouring book. It's been a pretty intense weekend of learning but one that I have really enjoyed. I'm exhausted though. Using ones brain and body at the same time actually requires quite a bit of concentration in my case. Maybe that is because my brain isn't that big. Shame I can't "deep stretch" that.

1 comment:

family affairs said...

yes wouldn't it be good if we could take it out and given it a stretch - told you you'd like your teacher - she's v good and glad you've had an informative weekend. See you in the am. Lx