Thursday 19 November 2009

Looking after me

I find it really hard to stop. I like to be out, be with people, be part of what is going on. However, I have had to take it easy the past couple of days. I have cancelled plans to meet up with people and am not doing my usual Thursday cooking at church this evening. I found this last one a bit hard to say I wouldn't do, as I love being part of it and serving, but think it is the right decision as right now I need to just take some time to rest.

I was sat in the doctors waiting room yesterday lunchtime and there were lots of people spluttering everywhere. I must have looked very rude with my scarf right across my face but needs must. And I am going to have the swine flu jab as that is still going around and quite frankly if I'm entitled to have it then I could really do without picking up that one.

One of the ways I have looked after myself the past few years is through the gift of a friend who has given me lots of reflexology. This has really helped with relaxation and general well being. No idea of the science behind it but makes me feel better. However I'm not having this at the moment as she has just given birth and so quite literally has her hands full.

SO I didn't cancel the offer of another friend to pop over this afternoon and give me a foot massage. Not quite reflexology but still very nice indeed.

Now it's probably time to put my candles on and watch a DVD. After all so many people are telling me to "look after me" so I will be in trouble if I don't. Just don't tell anyone I will be writing my Christmas cards at the same time. Yes, you see. I find it hard to stop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're resting well Jo Blogz. I quite like to munch my way through those yoghurt covered nut clusters from Waitrose when I'm not well. I can heartily recommend them.

Peas : )