Wednesday 13 January 2010

More Snow

It can stop now. It isn't funny anymore. Gone is the excitement about the fresh white snow, and instead I was mildly grumpy when I woke this morning to a fresh covering. It made my walking out and about this morning a lot harder work. The nurse nearly didn't make it in who I needed to see, but thankfully did. It meant my sister and niece didn't make it over here this afternoon. And it doesn't even look pretty anymore. In the space of about 2 hours our road has turned to grey slush. Yuk.

Now I know us Brits love to talk about the weather. But this one is getting boring now. And quite frankly really annoying.

I'd rather stick to the snow ball game on the wii fit plus thanks. Speaking of which I am currently household champion on both the ski slalom and the skateboarding. NEVER thought I would see the day that I was pleased with my computer game score.... it's all this snow. I must need to get out more.

I met a lady this morning who was visiting the UK from Uganda. She had literally just arrived in Richmond. I asked her if she had ever seen snow before. Only on Christmas cards or the television apparently. I think she was quite amazed by it. And cold. Having come from such a hot country, she didn't have any suitable footwear for cold weather. I am currently sewing up an old pair of ugg boots which will hopefully help keep her feet warm while she is here.

On reflection I should probably stop being so British constantly moaning about the weather. It's just that on certain days it is the little things that can make such a difference. A lovely bunch of flowers arrived yesterday afternoon from a friend who knew I had been a little down of late and wanted to brighten my day. Which it did. And I think a little British cuppa right now should help get me through this (cold) afternoon.

No comments: