Thursday 7 January 2010

Snow update

Ok....ok. Maybe I was slightly dismissive of the snow yesterday. Apparently this is the biggest snow fall in the UK since 1963. And in parts of Scotland the temperature plummeted to -20. It is very icy outside and tomorrow I will probably go and see the Park. It did look beautiful last year when it was covered in snow.

On the radio this morning they were saying that the reason we are so bad at coping is because we get so much weather in this country. I think what they actually meant was the variety of weather. So we just can't be prepared for all this snow (and those leaves in autumn, hey?)

Well. Like my opinion counts for anything BUT I think we should be. People are slipping all over the place. The airports are closed. A million people didn't make it to work today. Schools are shut. And I can't help but think if we get another covering of snow like this next year, we will still be told it is so unusual.

Maybe someone important in Government should write an election manifesto around how to deal with variations in weather conditions in the UK. It would certainly be more interesting that what they currently seem to be babbling on about. And we have months of this to come. Election chat that is, not snow I hope. And right now I don't want to vote for any of them.

No comments: