Friday 1 January 2010

New Year

We had a lovely evening last night. Spainish tapas was delicious. Great company. We played Cranium which was good fun, even if none of us could really figure out the rules. I seem to remember an explosive firework just after midnight that was meant to be a rocket, but seemed to spray everywhere. Both Jonny's cold and my migraine subsided for a few hours and we both had fun. And drank. A lot.

Both woke this morning with my headache back and Jonny's cold returned.

Been a little teary sat here. Not helped by the fact I am looking at a half dead Christmas tree and the house is a mess. I don't know. Elephant is misbehaving I think. Feeling a bit sorry for myself. I often get like this around New Year. But this year I seem to be worse. Sparked by stuff. Tough stuff.

Anyway. Time to tidy the house and go and hang out with hubby. Am sure a brew and a shower will help.

Rise above it and keep on Jo. Keep on.

4 comments:

family affairs said...

You've done so much this holiday it's hardly surprising you're feeling a little exhausted ... just have a few quiet days and hopefully you'll feel better - glad you enjoyed last night Lxx

Jo Blogz said...

I know - I always find New Years day a wierd day - feel better for throwing out the Christmas tree and a nice afternoon nap already!! xJ

Mark said...

I had a weird day too, it's ok. Patterns and routine are helpful things. They will swing into action soon enough, but rest for now, that seems to be the order of the day. Must say you've been terribly diligent at updating your blog over Christmas, much betterer than I. Happy New Year Jo : )

Jo Blogz said...

yes - bit better - having restful weekend... xJ