Saturday 16 January 2010

Morning with friend

I popped over to see one of my lovely friends yesterday morning. She has a seven week old baby boy and has been struggling with lack of sleep, lots of crying etc, despite the fact he also provides much joy.

So I had been pondering all week how best to help her and be supportive. Baking? All on January detox's. Make home made soup - would have been good but I ran out of time. Besides which she texted the night before to say her husband had the tummy bug that seems to be hitting lots of Londoners right now. So, in the end, I decided a smile and a kafir (scarf) from my Christmas travels would have to do. I would do lots of listening, make the tea, and just generally be helpful as I could.

She loved her scarf so that was something. However, her baby screamed as soon as I picked him up. She ended up making the tea and producing gluten free cake. And within about half an hour of me being there I managed to burst into tears on her.

She is a good friend, so don't think she minded too much. We have cried together before. Just slightly bad performance on my part. Motivation and thoughts to help her were good. Execution poor. Nice one. Not.

No comments: