Monday 18 January 2010

Course weekend

I spent most of this weekend at the studio studying for my course. Things are coming together. As I posted on Saturday we have now covered all our anatomy stuff, I now just need to get it into my brain. I get all the principles, it's just learning all the muscle names I find hard.

Yesterday we all had to present our sample sessions. This was take 2 for me as I had done this before Christmas. There was some confusion about what the expectation was but it all came together in the end and we all got through it ok I think.

This week I will have to be doing quite a lot of my course work as I have to write my first diploma session - i.e my own class - for submission and presentation next weekend. I am also into week 2 of working with my volunteer on her 30 day stretch.

The timing of getting busy with this is all quite apt as I have elephant stuff looming and I need to keep busy and not think about it too much. Obviously I am carrying around a lot of anxiety with me right now, but if I can focus on the work I need to do then this should hopefully help.

Aside from a weekend of course related stuff, and popping to church yesterday evening, we have been VERY much enjoying the "Life" dvd box set in this house. Jonny got it for Christmas. We are totally hooked. It's so good I may have to write a separate post about it at some point. Damian Lewis is fantastic. Thanks for that one Ma.

No comments: