Saturday 16 January 2010

Anatomy lesson - Take 3

I am just back from a days anatomy lesson. That's it apparently. Anatomy done. I still have lots of studying to do at home but I do know a lot more than I did a few weeks ago.

Today we spent a lot of time looking at postural alignment and common complaints. We used each others postures to analyse and learn from.

People often tell me I have a good posture. In reality hardly anyone does though. I have a deep lumber spine, a flat neck and upper spine. I need to stretch my hip flexors and work more on my obliques. Even getting into the right posture relieved instantly my lower back strain. Immediate results. Love it.

I had a good day in the studio today. It is a great place to go and where the elephant isn't. I had a quick chat with the studio leader about various elephant tests that are on the horizon. Felt good to get everything out in the open with her, but no one else needs to know anymore. I get to just be Jo.

I hope tomorrow is a good day. Sample session assessments and all three of us seem to have different ideas about what the expectation is. Have a feeling that may not go so well as right at the end of a long day of teaching.

No comments: