Saturday 9 January 2010

Ice-tastic

So I am bored and fed up with the freezing weather now. I walked round the corner to meet a friend for a coffee this morning and nearly went flying on the ice outside the front door.

And again on on the way back right in front of two very young trendy teenage girls who still managed to look incredibly cool despite the icy conditions.

My very sensible Dad has been on at me to buy a spade for ages. I haven't because I am lazy and don't really see the point. We have a paved garden - so what exactly I am going to dig? It turns out a spade is needed today to shift all the ice from the pavement outside our home. Who knew? I suggested we use some table salt instead but apparently that won't work either. Here's hoping I don't go slip over in my heels when I go out this evening. And that we get some global warming here soon.

Either that or I am going to have to buy a spade from somewhere. Because apparently the country is going to run out of grit on Monday. Genius. Put that in your manifesto Gordon - grit deficit.

No comments: