Saturday 20 March 2010

Sleepy Head

I have spent most of today asleep. Can't really remember anything else or what I did yesterday.

We have had lots of nursing support which has been great. Had no idea it was available. But have had two phone calls from the community matrons today as well as the visit from the my hospice nurse, I mean Ann, yesterday. So having felt very lost at weekends and generally a few weeks ago, we do feel a lot more supported. And we are very grateful.

In my waking hours this evening I am alarmed by the amount of rugby on the TV. I have done well over the years to learn about football I think. But rugby I struggle. I know that won't be a popular call but just the way I am.

How long until Wimbledon is on until I can get my own back?

4 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

I am glad that you are getting support, oh I I actually found Rugby easier to understand.

We went to see the Rugby 7's and it had be converted

Unknown said...

You are English Jo. No English person really understands rugby. I wouldn't try to follow the England team either. Very ugly boring style of play.

Hoping for you that this time is a bit better than the last.

Much love as always.

What are you knitting? Since, as you say, summer is coming would you not be better stitching a parasol for all those hot sunny days that are just round the corner.

So hot here that I had to wear SPF 35 yesterday. Burning. Went bathing in "the most polluted stream in the West Bank" ( Waiting to see the results. Maybe like in the Simpsons I will turn into a five eyed fish.

Jo Blogz said...

Well I can only match your 35 SPF with a daffodil in the window box on the front of ths house. It is a little warmer here at least.

I am knitting sqaures that are going to be sewn together for a charity that makes blankets for AIDS orphans in Africa. I am not very advanced with my knitting skills at all.

Ruggers just tough one for me. At least United won today. I know that is good... xx

the bans said...

What I like about rugby as opposed to football - shorter games, and shorter shorts. Need I say more?

Thinking of you my friend, and hoping and praying that you start to feel more like yourself over these next few days. lots of love xxx