Friday 19 March 2010

Kew Gardens

I went to Kew Gardens earlier in the week with a couple of friends hopeful of seeing daffodils. Still no joy there. A few were threatening to come out but not quite yet. My ones in the garden are starting to bud a little bit but still very slow.

I don't know why I am so eager to see daffodils right now. I think they make me think the winter is ending and the summer will be here soon. And that is what I need to feel right now. Not only emotionally, but also I just really want to slip my feet into flip flops and go and get a pedicure and get some sun in.

Our Easter plans for a mini break seem to have diminished. To get heat is too far, and I am not really up to getting on a plane right now anyway. UK is tricky with cold weather and inflated Easter prices. It maybe a staycation after all. Which I am fine with as long as the playstation doesn't get much use and we get to get out and do stuff. I will be planning an Jo style itinerary if that is the case.

2 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

We are having a staycation. MadDad has taken a week off over easter nad I am planning days out.

I think the dafs are the sign of spring and it has been a long hard winter

Jo Blogz said...

Staycation with plans and structure is ok I think. For me having spent so much time at home then staycation with no plans is not good - I need to get out!