Wednesday 31 March 2010

Jazz Night

I had a night out last night. I can count the nights out I have had this year on one hand. So it was all quite exciting.

I went to a jazz night at the Bedford in Balham with a couple of friends. Now I am not really one to listen to jazz much at home. But live it is amazing. My friends friend had organised the event, so we had reserved seats right at the front. The pianist was incredible. Such talent. And the vocalists pretty awesome too. The lead vocalist was Liz Cole. You should check out her stuff:

http://www.myspace.com/lizcolemusic

It was great to be out and doing something "normal," whatever that is. And also brought back a few memories. As Jonny and I went on one of our very early dates years ago to a comedy night at the Bedford.

I was in a good mood last night anyway. I have confused the hospital in a good way as my red cell count has gone up rather than down, so no need for a blood transfusion right now after all. They can't really work it out. But no complaints from me.

8 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

great news on the blood transfusion and the night out. MadDad and I went on a night out to a Jazz Club, which is no longer there when we were courting

Jo Blogz said...

Thanks Madhouse - relief to avoid yet another medical procedure right now. The jazz night was fun x

Liz said...

I almost went to that gig! I know Hilary - Liz's daughter. I think she was probably singing backing vox and possibly singing in the support band? Not sure... Glad it was good and sorry to have missed it! x

Mark said...

Liz's MySpace page suggests she knows OurDad, who I know... which is nice. Glad you had fun, I am a Jazz man, that was my diet as a kiddy thanks to Pappa Coleface.

: )

Jo Blogz said...

yes and yes - Lizzie, Hilary sung a few of her own tracks, she has real talent.

And yes Mark Liz knows OurDad as you call him. You would have really liked this gig I think.

x

the bans said...

Hey, so pleased to hear you don't need to have the blood transfusion. Great news. Thinking of you this week and hoping you have a lovely long weekend away in your posh cheshire hotel xxx

Unknown said...

Good old red blood cells! Hope you have a great weekend break with Jonny.

Jo Blogz said...

Thank you

xx