Thursday 4 March 2010

She's out

So. After a week at home in grimbles land, I have made it out of the house.

And it was SO nice. Coffee (ahem well sparkling water) with friend at the local Vic this morning, followed by being driven to Marble Hill Park and the very pretty coffee shop where I managed to share both a main and a cake - like real proper food and everything. Look at me everyone.

My friend asked me what kind of things I like to do. I said "things like this." Share life. Share living. Share cake.

Yes there were tears today. But I felt better for letting them out.

I really need to invest in some better blusher though. Seriously I put a lot of that stuff on this morning and apparently I still look really pale and washed out. Need to consult my make up expert.

5 comments:

Not From Lapland said...

oh it is good to hear that you got out and you allowed yourself to cry without feeling guilty about it. It helps to let it out.

Unknown said...

Glad that you've been out and about. You've got some really lovely parks and open spaces around your gaff. Hope spring comes properly soon.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you have been out Jo.
There is..sunshine!..forecast here tomorrow. Whoo..hope you see it too.
I'm not a make-up expert but I do use Estee Lauder's Signature 5-Tone Shimmer Powder in Pink..you apply it as you would a bronzer and it really does give you a healthy glow..even when you haven't actually got one.
Belinda..xx

Lizzie said...

I'm not a make-up expert either... I don't think I've bought any for at least 3 years! Good to hear you got out yesterday. Sounds like my kind of day too. I discovered that neither Ellie or Alison have been to Petersham Nurseries yet! I plan to change that :o) See you soon... x

Jo Blogz said...

Thanks for the make up tip Belinda - I will definitely be investing in some of that. I am getting a bit fed up with people telling me how tired and washed out I look.

Petersham nurseries is one of my favourite places - maybe I will make it there next week...

As for the tears heather - yes I invariably feel better for it, I know laughter is meant is meant to be the best medicine - but sometime tears work too xx