Friday 5 March 2010

Well fed

Yesterday I started eating properly again. I had a very frustrating mid week experience where I wanted to eat more than just toast but my stomach was really struggling to take it in. Last night someone made us fish pie. It hit the spot.

Whilst I have been FED UP, the other member of our household has been very WELL FED all week. We have been so touched by the kindness of the church community who are reaching out with love at this time. For over a week we had Jonny's evening meals delivered for him and this has been a huge help. There have been pangs of guilt. You may have got by now I struggle with accepting help. But goodness. The boy has eaten well.

Obviously this illness doesn't just affect me. On our wedding day we had a phrase from dove poem which read "two parts of a loving whole, two hearts and a single soul." And whilst I am camped out in chemo land at home, the other part of us is working 12 hour days, coming home to try and look after me, as well as dealing with his own emotional fears I know. So having a good proper meal sorted has REALLY helped.

So we say thank you. Thank you. And thank you again.

Tonight we will be eating in Pizza Express. And that feels like a massive treat of a different kind too.

No comments: