Tuesday 23 March 2010

Grateful List

So I have been hanging out in chemo land for a few days now. There are somethings that I am very grateful for:
  • Robinson's Peach Squash. It is not as acidic. I have been able to drink it. Yey.
  • Gnocchi. Those potato nuggets meant I could diverge from toast and cornflakes.
  • Cadbury's Chocolate Buttons. I know we aren't supposed to buy Cadbury's any more now it has gone yank, but I am allowed concession's in my state. And mid afternoon that little bit of chocolate has kept me on.
  • Ann and her anti sickness drugs. Upped and upped. Nausea still present but not been sick once. This helped massively with hydration.
  • It is the Tuesday after the Thursday before and I made it out of the house this morning. First time out in under a week post chemo. Even to lay on my mat in my class... paid for it later with an afternoon in bed but was worth it to get out.
  • Food deliveries tastic for Jonny. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
  • Jon calling me from work yesterday to suggest a 3 day spa weekend over the Easter weekend. And then coming home and booking the entire thing. The rest and change of scene for both of us is much needed.
  • Love.

So it is no laugh a minute, not by a long shot, but it has been better than last time. And the not so nice stuff is private and not for blog world.

So I will sit here and dream of my Easter mini break. I'm sure Bridget has a great line on that one. But my chemo brain can't remember what it is.

3 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

Well done you. Anti-nausea meds are my best friends they are what got me my boys. Take care and rest well

Unknown said...

White or brown buttons? I'm guessing brown or you would have said. I used to love white chocolate but now I find it a bit powdery and sweet. Never fully got to grips with dark chocolate though. Know I am supposed to like it but actually find it a bit nasty. Glad you are out and about earlier than ever. Much love, as always. Enjoy the spa. Let us know if it's really good. You never know, Massey might get a treat one day too. John

Jo Blogz said...

Milk Chocolate buttons - not one for the dairy free diet all though that is pretty on impossible to keep up with right now.

Wacth it - Massey may hold you to that. Or maybe we will come up with plans all of our own...

xx