Tuesday 30 March 2010

Sleep Please

I am getting so fed up with my sleep problems. And getting fed up with them probably doesn't help.

I don't think I helped myself yesterday. I had an unscheduled trip to the hospital in the morning to try and sort my anaemia problems out. And then a GP appointment mid afternoon. This meant I didn't get my afternoon rest until 5 ish. I fell promptly fast asleep until gone 7. And this probably didn't help me try to get off for a good nights sleep a couple of hours later.

But this problem has been going on far longer than one night.

For those who have never encountered insomnia I can only imagine it sounds ridiculous. If you are tired, surely the body will just go to sleep for some rest. But that is the whole point. With insomnia the switching into sleep mode just doesn't happen. This leads to over tiredness in the night which makes the problem even worse.

I have some reflexology booked for later on today. That seemed to help massively last week so here's hoping it does the trick for me again tonight. That and a soak in some lovely bath oil my friend dropped round yesterday.

Not only am I totally fed up with my sleep problems. I am also thoroughly bored with going on about them.

The GP I saw yesterday described my whole situation as a "bugger." I was rather taken a back. But couldn't help finding myself agreeing with him. Quite frankly it is.

4 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

Insomnia is so much more than a "bugger". I remember seeing the anethatist in hospital who promised he would get us all 8 hours of sleep, hmm 1 and a half hours later I was aake.

My mother thinks I have suffered since birth!!

Jo Blogz said...

oh dear - I hope that doesn't mean you woke up during an operation!

For me it has been a problem of the past couple of years. Certainly been long enough for me not to remember sleeping through the night.

Unknown said...

I rarely suffer from insomnia but the few occasions when I do (normally whenever I really want to get a good night's sleep i.e. before an exam or a race or something) it is utter misery. I can't imagine how horrid it must be to go on night after night. Hope the cool strains of jazz lulled you to sleep last night. (when you got home that is, not in the pub). Have you been watching Eastenders at all recently. It's funny to see how Balham is portrayed as the roughest place in the whole world.

Commercial Real Estate Software said...

Very fantastic and great article you have shared with us.It,s extremely good and very helpful for me.