Wednesday 10 March 2010

Lovely Day in Town

I had a lovely day yesterday. I did my stretch class which made me feel, well, stretched. Afterwards my friend (who happens to be the my stretch teacher too) drove us into town for some fun. We visited Anna Valentine at her studio. It is located in one of those really pretty Mews streets that are tucked away in London, just off Marlybone Lane. The building is beautiful. White wash walls, stone floors and open fireplaces. And her collection of beautiful clothes amazing. Having seen them at the fashion show a couple of weeks ago, it was great to see the detailing and fabrics up close. I got all dreamy about owning one. And I will keep dreaming about it because chances of me having the floaty nude coloured dress I was eying up are pretty darn minimal.

We then visited Rococo Chocolates to collect my winning box of chocolates. Rococo chocolate is delicious and the packaging lovely. I need to take a picture quickly to post as the chocolates themselves seem to be evaporating. I have no idea where they are going...


We then had a lovely lunch with maybe just a few bubbles... and a mooch along Marlybone High Street into the VERY nice shops. I may have purchased a couple of things while I was there. I love this bit of London. It is so close to the chaos of Oxford Street yet such a completely different feel. If you haven't discovered it yet the you should.

Although I was tired when I got home and went to bed very early last night, it was great to be out. I am living most of my life at the moment either within this home, or the few surrounding streets in the local community. It was great to just be out. To look at lovely things. To laugh. And live.

No comments: