Sunday 18 October 2009

Twice Stuffed Roast Chicken

So... we are stuffed. There is some joke in there about twice stuffed chicken I'm sure? Jonny is getting worried that now every time I cook something he has to come up with some original comment that I can put on my blog. His words this time: "I liked it." Inspired.

From the girl in the kitchen my view was:
  • Twice stuffed all very nice but the first stuffing - ham and sage leaves under the skin - bit of a faff and fiddly. Looked good though.

  • Second stuffing - more traditional, bread, shallots, ham etc inside the bird really delicious. You soak it in chicken stock and butter before it goes in so get a really rich and tasty stuffing.

  • Chicken is huge. I have tonnes of leftovers. Think I will be doing the chicken pie as an additional tumbledown too.

  • Creamy corn side very easy and different way to serve sweetcorn

  • Boiled potatoes not as disappointing as feared. With the richer than normal chicken (ham and lardy stuffing) the boiled potatoes are actually quite nice as may be rich food overload.

I'm glad we are at the pub quiz tomorrow night for beef and mash. Even then I think I may be a bit fed up of chicken by Thursday... so may make the pie and freeze it.

No comments: