Wednesday 7 October 2009

Postal Strikes

I've been rather grumpy about this. I'm rubbish with my post, can't even be bothered to open it half the time, so why so grumpy?

  1. My ebay project has been hindered. Not sure everyone got their parcels as quickly as needed. Someone wanted to pay by cheque and it took a week for their cheque to get to me and I do believe this is due to the post and not them
  2. Our anniversary cards were late. One from our Ma in law was sent a week before the day and arrived two days after. My parents live about 5 miles away and it took 8 days to get here first class. Others were also late. Kind of like getting your birthday cards late. Less exciting
  3. My car tax disc didn't arrive. I only realised this on Monday when I realised that I was 5 days into October and it expired at the end of September. This is not great and could do without a fine/points due to to Royal Mail failures. Even though technically not my fault I sense a massive "computer says no" moment. Hence car out of action and parked off road in church car park
  4. The tax disc has just arrived. Letter dated 16 September. Date today 7 October. First class post. Genius.

I am sure there are good reasons why they are striking. Well I'm not sure actually but will give them the benefit of the doubt. It's just caused ME lots of hassle. Sort yourselves out post people. I have parcels to post and charity that needs the money. Slightly melodramatic methinks but it is annoying me and I don't see Royal Mail supplying courtesy cars in situations like this. Off to get car. By foot.

No comments: