Saturday 31 October 2009

South Bank Photography

Like I said in my earlier post, my photo attempts from the South Bank last night were rubbish. Here is a better shot that I took last year when I had all the proper gear with me:


If you have any interest in how you get this kind of shot then basic guide on your digital SLR would be:

  • Set your camera to fully manual
  • Camera on tripod or very stable surface at correct height - you cannot hold the camera as you will get "camera shake"
  • Set shutter speed to 30 seconds (this eats your battery but is needed)
  • Adjust your aperture manually until you get the degree of exposure you want

This can work particularly well if you have a moving image too like the millennium wheel:

Steady hands needed for this kind of photography. I didn't have these last night either as I maybe had a glass or two of fizz.

No comments: