Monday 5 October 2009

Sleep update

Additional tips that seem to be working:
  1. Go away for the night and take ear plugs. We were staying with family for one night this weekend in Manchester. Popped the ear plugs in, got comfy and only woke once. Think I hit 9 hours sleep at least. Didn't even wake when my two energy crazed nephews woke at about 6.30am. I often sleep better when I go away - think the subconscious knows I am "away" A comfy bed for this is essential though.
  2. Waking in the night, try not look at the time. Just drift back... I have been talking to myself like a small child if I do wake after a couple of hours, and rather than be negative about it, tell myself well done for getting that sleep and how I am going to get some more.

All sounds slightly basic I know, but often the most simple advice is the best. And in my case it seems to be working. The fatigue is still there of course, but at least I have been getting some rest at night this past week. And I will be telling myself all day today what a good nights sleep I will be getting tonight.

No comments: