Wednesday 14 October 2009

ebay charity project

I have been selling clothes in ebay the past couple of months in aid of Breast Cancer Campaign. I am hoping to reach my target of £500 and then send this total amount to them by Christmas this year.

This began in August when I had a clear out of my clothes in my cupboards and thought rather than give them all to the local charity shop, I would like to give the money for them to a charity that is close to my heart. I also thought that by getting people to bid for them I would hopefully raise more money for them. This was a bit of a random thought as I have never sold anything on ebay prior to this. I have had my moments of "what an earth am I doing?" Especially when I have to go to the post office with lots and lots of packages, but so far the total raised had made this worthwhile.

Thanks for the latest donations of items I have had - I am posting on my blog as a reminder that I need to list them and get on with some more selling this month. Also as an incentive to reach my target. Any unsold items, or items I don't think will sell, I will donate to the local Cancer Research or Princess Alice Hospice charity shops. You'd be surprised the stuff that people will buy!

I have chosen to raise money for Breast Cancer Campaign for perhaps obvious reasons, but mainly because they are totally committed to all funds going towards researching the longed for cure for this disease that affects so many.

You can read more about the charity here:

http://www.breastcancercampaign.org/

Will be updating my gadget on the right of the screen over the next couple of months. Jo get ebaying!

No comments: