Tuesday 20 October 2009

Blue Whales: Baja

I am going to be watching the "Last Chance to See" Stephen Fry documentary this evening. It's on Blue Whales. If you had asked me 5 years ago if I had any interest in whale watching I would have laughed in your face. Geek tastic I would have thought. But then about 5 years ago we visited Iceland for the second time, and we saw blue whales off the north coast of Husavik. Absolutely breathtaking. I have never been on safari, but I can only imagine it must be similar to seeing a leopard or lion in the wild for the first time.

Some people on out trip took some video footage. This features me touching the grey whales (purple jacket and beige hat - yes I know what a good holiday look.) And the humpbacks and blue whales we saw. This goes down as one of my best holidays ever:

No comments: