Tuesday 27 October 2009

Tide Tables, Richmond Bridge

I don't really like Mondays that much these days. I have a very different sinking Monday morning feeling to most other people, as my Monday morning sinking feeling is usually because I have a hospital visit of some description to deal with. The care is all very good, but it still turns me into some sort of nervous wreck just being there.

Yesterday morning started off as one of those days as I had to go to the hospital in the afternoon. However, it was a gorgeous Monday morning weather wise. After annoying lots of people in the local Post Office by holding up the queue with my 11 recorded delivery ebay parcels, it was a real treat when my lovely friend Gen suggested we wander down to Tide Tables. I have heard this is a nice place to hang out for a coffee but never been.

The cafe is tucked underneath the arches of Richmond Bridge and you probably wouldn't notice it unless you know it is there:



The menu is fully marketed towards the Richmond consumer. Not cheap, organic, vegan, wheat free, gluten free options all available. But really delicious. We got there about 12 and decided to have lunch. I was not disappointed at all. This is where I got to sit in the glorious sunshine and chit chat:


My afternoon may have been slightly pants, but this was a really lovely Monday morning. And my felafel's and salad may have ticked the healthy organic boxes but was bloomin delicious too. I will be back here quite a bit I think.

No comments: