Tuesday 27 October 2009

Global Warming

I know embarrassingly little about the subject of global warming. However, in my non expert opinion, I think we are undergoing some sort of global warming here in Sheen at the moment.

Seriously, today is 27th October 2009. I am sat here in the conservatory with the back door wide open and my washing drying in the sunshine on the line. My summer bedding plants are still in bloom. I felt like boil in the bag earlier when I walked to the Post Office (yes, again) in my waterproof jacket and a t-shirt.

I can remember when I was a child it being really cold this time of year. My mum would wrap me up in layers and scarves and mittens when it was Halloween or fireworks night. Now I know my medication can bring on the old hot flushes, but this is something else. It is really warm. Shame we can't pretend it is still summer as it is getting dark at just gone 5pm now the clocks have gone back. Oh and the fact that yesterday I was considering being super organised and ordering my Christmas cards.

2 comments:

the bans said...

Enjoy the warm weather. It's 3 degrees here with snow forecast for next week. I'd LOVE to feel like a boil in the bag right now ;)

Jo Blogz said...

ooh sounds chilly. Keep lighting that fire. xx J