Friday 11 December 2009

Sprout watch and Krispy Creme donuts

So. As I sit here supping yet another "sprout smoothie" I have a slight smugness that I have achieved my aim this week - to eat the entire large bowl of Brussel Sprouts.

On Wednesday I tried roasted sprouts.

Ingredients:

1 pumpkin - peeled and diced
1 red pepper - deseeded and sliced
Few chopped shallots
Few pumpkin seeds
Few walnuts
Several brussel sprouts - peeled, washed and halved
Large glug of Olive Oil
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 190. Put all the vegetables and nuts a baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and season well. Place in oven and roast for approx. 45 minutes, turning about half way through.

Serve on green leaves with a large dollup of hummus.

I sound like a health freak. BUT I have also recently made another discovery. Krispy Creme donuts. For years I thought these had cream in them so had no interest. But it turns out they don't and boy do they taste good. I shared a couple of these with my friends earlier in the week. I hope the sprout effort have negated any badness from my sugar consumption.

Krispy Creme donuts V brussel sprouts? No contest.

No comments: