Monday 7 December 2009

Brussel Sprouts

My 15 minute elephant appointment this afternoon turned into a 3 hour epic. What was suppossed to be a pop in for some bish bosh (don't ask,) ended up being a long winded wait for phaffing, waiting for blood tests, pharmacy, doctors... I could go on but I won't.

Anyway, I also managed to read most of my Red magazine. I found a section listing out that lots of Christmas foods are very high in nutritional value. Superfoods in fact.

On the list were:
  • Beetroot
  • Cauliflower
  • Cranberries
  • Lean Turkey
  • Pomegranates
  • Red Wine
  • Salmon
  • Walnuts
  • Brussel Sprouts

Now it listed out why lost of these foods were good for you and how you can cook them. And some of them were particularly good for fighting my variety of nasties. Especially brussel sprouts. As I sat there it occurred to me that brussel sprouts are a bit like the hospital. Don't like them very much but supposed to be good for my insides.

I also remembered that I had a large amount of brussel sprouts at home that came with my organic veg box this week. So my mini project for the week is to eat them all and make them palatable.

Do you think they would taste any good covered in chocolate?

No comments: