Sunday 20 December 2009

Craven Cottage - Fulham V Manchester United

Those who know me, know very quickly that Jon's second love in life is Manchester United. His first is of course moi. So life involves lots of trips to Old Trafford for Jonny at weekends, and the occasional away game too.

This weekend the away game was at Fulham. Only a few miles from our home. I have suggested on more than one occasion that it would make far more sense to support a local team, but apparently it just doesn't work like that.

I rarely go to the games, but I did put in a request for a ticket for this one. My parents are both originally from Fulham. My grandparents lived on one of the roads very close to Craven Cottage, and as a child I was always very curious what the football ground was like inside. So, it was a bit of nostalgia for me to walk through Bishops Park up to the ground. I haven't been to this part of town for a few years.

And this is what it looks like the other side of those big black gates I used to look at as a child:






Terrible score: 3-0 to Fulham. And it was absolutely FREEZING. Seriously I had to defrost when I got home. Good to see cousin Rob briefly though, and to satisfy childhood curiosity and take a bit of a trip down memory lane.

No comments: