Sunday 13 December 2009

My course - first few weeks

Yesterday I had my first "assessment" at the course. And it was our last session before the Christmas break. It turned into more of a long analysis of my introduction as one of the other participants didn't come and, well, the others didn't feel ready to do their presentations. I got up the front and went for it though, and I hope I get some credit for that.

It's been quite a steep learning curve, with lots of new information to take in. I have run practice sessions with friends and family. I have learnt about anatomy, class dynamics and my diction. And I am really enjoying it.

As I have done this type of exercise for some time, one of the hardest things I have found is going back to basics. So therefore I have agreed with the course leader that I am going to do my assignment on the Method for beginners. Come January I am going to be stretching and strengthening my willing "guinea pigs." I will be taking them through a 30 day programme of exercises, and also doing the programme myself. This 30 day programme has had amazing results in transforming body shapes. For me, doing this is more just than about the body though. It is about self belief. Making achievements through my own learning and through giving others a good experience of enjoying these exercises too.

I don't know if I feel like this in spite of the elephant or because of it. But I hope to look back in a few months time and know that I have achieved a lot.

Here I am in the studio, stretching out my hip flexors:

No comments: