Sunday 6 December 2009

Anatomy Lesson - Take 2

It has been a busy weekend. Around about Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week I was worried about whether I would have enough energy to keep going. As is often the way, things had all fallen on the same dates. I had my course yesterday and today and the bash last night. However, I have managed to do all these things.

As I woke to the alarm at 9.15 this morning I was glad the studio was 5 minutes round the corner. I was not sure how much anatomy I would be able to take in today though.

The teacher is great though and I had a really good day. I "got" more of it today than the previous lesson. I have the approach. Place the bones in the right position. The muscles on top. And then strengthen, stabilise or stretch those muscles (and breathe) depending what is needed.

I have my practice session next week, before the Christmas break. I think January will be busy with the course, with all of us feeling like we need to give it a big "push" then. But I think doing this, this weekend, has made me more energetic rather than less, and also made me just get on and do the things that make me feel good. Am firmly set up on the sofa in front of the sky plus box for this evening though. This body needs a rest now and I know it. And how nice to come home to a decorated Christmas tree. Thank you Jonny.

1 comment:

family affairs said...

Good for you - glad it's all gone well and see you tomorrow Lx