Saturday 13 February 2010

Still Stretching

I woke this morning and felt ok so decided to go along to my course. I am well aware that to many I maybe should be firmly on the sofa. But believe me - I have done nothing else. I have a very nice sofa but I am SO fed up of being on it. I wanted a change of scene. And I am still Jo. And this course is one of the things I am doing in my life right now.

There is only this weekend and one day next weekend of the course left, and I have come so far with it, it would seem such a shame not to see it through. I really enjoy doing this. Besides, I quite frankly really don't see why I shouldn't continue with it.

I spoke to the teacher yesterday and filled her in on the hideous situation with the elephant right now. I was a little worried about the practical side of things today. I was a little shaky before I left and told Jon I may well be home in half an hour. But once I was there, I was ok. And when we got to the practical session the teacher lead us through a relaxation rather than any deep stretching. And it was just what my body and my spirit needed.

More than one person has commented on my feisty spirit in the past week. Maybe that is what got me in my tracksuit and into the studio today. I don't know what it was. I don't really care. I know it is crazy that for a week I could hardly move and on my Saturday I went to a day learning about health and exercise.

But I also know that despite everything this body is going through, quite a lot of it still works. And for as long as I can I'm going to keep using it. And stretching it too.

No comments: