Thursday 11 February 2010

Different day

I can hardly type. This isn't a chemo side effect. It is false nails. I bought them in boots earlier in an emergency. Now I am struggling to do ANYTHING. Not helpful as:

I am wearing a frock. Yes a frock. And diamonds. Real ones. 24 hours ago I was firmly on "i don't think so" BUT I have turned a corner. I feel like a human being. And this human being is about to meet a VERY famous person.

I am off to the Anna Valentine fashion show in aid of Maggies Cancer Centres. It is at the Royal Courts of Justice. There are going to be tonnes of celebs there (oh yes including me.)

I will write all about it tomorrow I hope. My friend is on the organising committee and told me this afternoon that we are going to meet the famous person.

Thankful the dress and shoes I bought on line fit me. Thankful I was too weak to wash my own hair so booked myself a blow dry today.

Thankful for concealer. And make up.

My friend is borrowing an uber expensive dress and going to look stunning. I have coloured in my bags, and tried to make myself look as pretty as I can today.

Maybe I need to practice my curtsy?

I am laughing so much. I can't cry because of the mascara. I have spent the last week in chemo land horridness. But today is a different day.

I said I would emerge.

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Looking forward to tomorrow's blog, Jo. I hope you and friend and famous bod have a good eve. Love and prayers to you, Lizzie x

Marilyn said...

Wow!!! HRH???? Hope you have a great time -- you deserve it!
Marilyn x

Jo Blogz said...

Top guess Marilyn - and yes you can see from my next post it was HRH!! xx