Wednesday 24 February 2010

Jamie Oliver Italian Restaurant - Kingston

Realise I have been all a bit doom and gloom on here recently. I did do a nice thing today. My sister took me to the new Italian Jamie Oliver Restaurant in Kingston.

We were impressed. Good menu of more traditional Italian food. i.e. there weren't any pizzas on the menu. Anti pasti starters, pasta dishes, and meat and fish mains. I had the mushroom ravioli. Was delicious. And you can see the man rolling and making all the pasta freshly while you eat. Sarah had the pumpkin risotto that she demolished pretty quickly, so we can take that as a sign it was good grub.

On the table next to us were some of Jamie's "team." They were trying every dish to check the quality of the food. They got through a lot of it so I assume they were happy.

No room for puddings and with bread, drinks and two mains in coming in at under £30 was pretty reasonable too. Would definitely go again.

As a complete aside Dame Judi Dench was in there. She really does have amazing skin.

5 comments:

Mark said...

Yum sounds good.

I went out for Mexican here last night and had the most insanely gorgeous Chicken with Chocolate and Chilli Sauce. Whilst I've been a purveyor of Chocolate in Chilli for a while now, this was off the scale, immensely taste buduly tantalising. Yummm.

Sweede : )

family affairs said...

Dame Judi Dench was in KINGSTON?? Amazing. Lx

Unknown said...

Judi Dench! Now that is proper A list. £30 does sound very reasonable. Thinking of you today even more than usual.

Kate said...

HRH and Dame Judi Dench .... who next Jo?! Best I can do is a couple of Corrie stars oh and Ryan Giggs at Stockport station recently ... very nice!! Wish we could be nearer to help out with those meals but so glad that you have such great friends who take such good care of you and JJ. Lots of love to you both. xx

Jo Blogz said...

I think Jamie has been upstaged by Judi! Yes it definitely was her - she walked in and I got a good look at her and then she walked straight past our table and Sarah saw her too. Like I say, beautiful skin.

And everyone helps LOADS, whatever part of the country or world they live in - I was just blogging about the meals and nurses as that had been a recent "thing" I had had to get my head around accepting.

xx