Sunday 28 February 2010

Lucky Dip and ickle visits

Summary of past few days:

Thursday: First to enter chemo ward at 8.45 am. Last to leave at about 7pm. Only advantage is I have eyed up my favourite position (in the corner with the shelf) so getting there early means I get a choice of seats. Lucky old me hey? We get straight on with it. 1o hours later I am full of toxic chemicals, steroids, tonnes of fluid, anti sickness and I think I managed half an egg sandwich too.

Friday: Can't remember much. Friday evening we had a visit from Palestine by the boy John Edwards. Well actually I believe the official reason for his visit was it was his father's 70th Birthday celebrations but we will take the credit for Friday night. Apologies that Jonny had you drink so much whisky. Didn't see too many objections though.

I did very well with my Palestinian lucky dip gift bag. Lots of lovely fun little things. One of which is modelled by John Edwards here:



It's the belt we are all looking at it by the way. Not the T-shirt. Not that I am not special.

It was so lovely to have this visit. If a little emotional. "Don't make me cry John," I had to beg. The last time we saw John was in Jerusalem for Christmas. I drank champagne, ate tonnes, and laughed loads every day. Only a few weeks later here I am crashed out on the sofa at home full of "ugh" and not a well girl at all.

Still must be positive. This is to get me back to where I have been before. Surely. Please. Please.

Saturday all a bit of a blur. Today I had a couple of girly visits which was lovely. Am learning that this does perk me up for a bit. It's also about not being on the phone or seeing people too. Oh dear wave of nausia.

But well done United.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

And well done you too, Jo!

Unknown said...

Hello my love. It was wonderful to see you too! I look like a proper weirdo in that photograph. Saturday was a bit of a blur for me too but I am willing to share the blame 60/40 with Jonny.