Wednesday 2 December 2009

A time to...

So. There is a time to weep and a time to laugh. A time to mourn and a time to dance. This afternoon was an unexpected time to cry on my Mum's shoulder. I wasn't planning on this but it is the way it happened. Whilst she was doing my ironing. I feel much better for it now though.

It seemed waterworks blended in to the howling storm crashing against the conservatory roof. I do believe in signs. And this is a stormy time.

But it is also a time for me to take some rest. Back in the day, when I worked in accountancy and consulting, December always felt like a bonus month. Everything was winding down, and a real calm before the utterly depressing chaos of audit deadlines and stupid 16 hour working days in January through March. December was always one client drink to another. Maybe a bit of "planning." And even though I am not in the workplace these days, I still have that December wind down feeling.

Will the elephant please take note and take some time to give me a break too. Please.

No comments: