Monday 7 December 2009

Christmas Cake 2009 - Marzipan

I have mazipanned the cake that no one will eat this evening. I had to do this for 2 reasons. Firstly, I have got so carried away with "feeding" it, that it now has nearly an entire bottle of brandy in it. Secondly, Delia says you need to allow at least a week between marzipan and royal icing. It needs to be ready for the family Christmas lunch next weekend.

I make my own marzipan. Delia calls it "almond paste." It's marzipan. And mine has Amaretto in it rather than brandy for an even more intense almond flavour. If I didn't have a magimix I wouldn't even think about making my own marzipan. But as I do, here is my work in progress:



P.S. Crossfields fear not. I have some left over marzipan and so if it lasts and doesn't get eaten I will make you some marzipan chocolates for Christmas.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I so totally want to eat that cake.
: )

Jo Blogz said...

Fear not. There will be plenty left for you!!