Friday 18 December 2009

Feeling Festive

The snow is falling and it is crispy cold outside. But it is toasty warm inside.

The first thing I did this morning was to boil up the cranberries for my festive dessert that I am taking for pudding tonight with friends Gen and Adam and Ali and Tris. Cranberries spark thoughts of Christmas to foodies. That rich berry colour is just like that warm feeling of Christmas. I love this time of year.

Next up was the decoration of the Christmas cake that has been nurtured for weeks. How did I do?

Here is the final result:


Later on I visit the local butchers and buy a large gammon that is going to be transformed into a fully festive ham over the weekend. The turkey crown is defrosting in the conservatory. The Christmas log has been baked too.

As I sit here I look at the Christmas tree, sparkling away, with presents underneath - I have peace right now. And I feel very festive.

2 comments:

family affairs said...

Good for you. I'm feeling the peace too. LXXXX

Jo Blogz said...

Keep hold of it all over Christmas xx